Arkphire refreshed production and DR storage as part one of a two part project. The second part of the project involved upgrading the backup control tier and implementing disk-to-disk backup appliances.
Faced with ageing hardware, while also looking to expand the business, EasyTrip chose to bite the bullet with an ambitious strategy to renew its technology infrastructure, improve its processes and put the organisation on a solid footing for growth. To achieve its aims, it needed a partner capable of working with the business to deliver the right results.
The Arkphire team worked very closely with EasyTrip, taking the time to understand its IT environment and its business needs. Arkphire designed and delivered the project which involved virtualising the infrastructure platform and migrating the data and systems onto more efficient Dell servers running VMware vSphere 4.1 for virtualisation.
- EasyTrip is Ireland’s leading supplier of electronic tags for parking and tolling services
- Manages more than 185,000 active tags, covering all of the toll roads in the state and 9,000 spaces in 19 car parks nationwide
- EasyTrip oversees payment collection for the National Roads Authority and toll plazas nationwide
- Processes close to 2.5 million transactions and collect €6 million on behalf of the NRA monthly
- To achieve compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard [PCI DSS], an essential step in EasyTrip’s planned expansion into the continental European market
- High maintenance on server hardware that was reaching the end of its useful life
- EasyTrip wanted to improve its disaster recovery and business continuity position
- Dell Primary Storage | Dell MS3000 Series Storage
- Compute Platform | Dell R710 Servers
- VMware | Vsphere
- Backup Control Tier | Veeam
- Successfully reduced server footprint, which decreased EasyTrip’s hosting costs and improved its power and cooling costs.
- Greater flexibility and scalability for the company’s future needs while ensuring the day-to-day management of the infrastructure was made faster and easier
- The high levels of security that are now in place to meet PCI compliance have improved EasyTrip’s security management and related costs