Arkphire refreshed production and DR storage as part one of a two part project. The second part of the project involved upgrading the backup control tier and implementing disk-to-disk backup appliances.
“We decided to go to market with a formal RFI for a complete storage infrastructure refresh and a refined data architecture. We went out to the leading vendors and invited them to design a new solution that would deliver the performance and capacity requirements to meet the firm’s current demands and serve Deloitte’s forecasted growth over the next three to five years,” said John Gray, Head of Technology & Operations at Deloitte Ireland.
Leading Irish IT solutions provider Arkphire was chosen by Deloitte to manage the process to find an answer to the firm’s challenge. Howard Roberts, CIO at Arkphire, explains what was required. “Deloitte wanted a highly virtualised environment that would be expandable across multiple sites, with high availability and business continuity requirements. Deloitte wanted to improve its existing capabilities to ensure it could meet the demands that would be placed on the business in the future,” he said.
- World-class firm if expert business advisers
- Employing over 1,250 people in Dublin, Cork and Limerick providing audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients in multiple industries
- Globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and 200,000 professionals around the world
- Huge growth of data in storage for Deloitte, putting a strain on Tier 1 storage resources
- Need for a robust and flexible storage solution and meet the needs of the business now and over time
- Reduce costs, data storage complexity, and streamline data centre configuration
- EMC Primary Storage | 1x VNX5500 | 1x VNX5300
- EMC Software | RecoverPoint
- Compute Platform | Cisco UCS B Series | Cisco Unified Fabric Switches
- Symantec Backup Appliances | 4x NBU backup Appliances
- Deloitte now has a highly consolidated environment
- Revitalised storage platform that offers scalability for future growth
- RecoverPoint technology gives Deloitte a much more granular process for controlling how it recovers key applications, which is of huge benefit to the business